Have you been asking yourself, “What is HHC?” Chances are, you are not alone. The cannabis marketplace is an ever changing place with what seems like daily new developments. With the fast pace of new products, it can feel like a full-time job keeping up with what’s new. And, there’s a buzz afoot about the elusive HHC. You’ve stopped by the right place because with the primer you need to get schooled up and gain the answers to the burning question, “What is HHC?”
Your Guide to Understanding HHC
What is HHC?
HHC is an abbreviation for Hexahydrocannabinol which is a hydrogenated derivative of tetrahydrocannabinol. HHC is a naturally occurring phytocannabinoid. It is a minor cannabinoid that occurs naturally in cannabis. Similar to Delta 8 and Delta 10, HHC is processed from hemp-derived CBD in a lab through a chemical process.
Does HHC get you high?
The answer is maybe. Some people report similar effects to conventional THC product. Users generally report that level of potency in the “high” effects of HHC as somewhere in between the strength Delta 8 and Delta 9.
How does it feel when you take HHC?
HHC has varying effects on its users that can be impacted by a myriad of variables including tolerance, food intake and strength of the HHC that is consumed. Feelings of euphoria, increased heart rate and body temperature are reported in addition to varying degrees of altered visual and auditory perceptions.
Is HHC Indica or Sativa?
HHC can be thought of as similar to the indica strain. The indica strain creates more a body high than a head high as its counterpart sativa is known to create. The body high is relaxing and good for those who seek calming effects.
What are the benefits of HHC?
- Longer-Shelf Life – Other cannabinoids are heat and UV-sensitive, and their potency will degrade over time as exposed to air. On the contrary, HHC has a much longer shelf-life than naturally occurring cannabinoids like THC and CBD.
- Mood & Relaxation For Restorative Sleep Elevation – Many people have added HHC to their self-care routine—to beat stress and achieve a night of deep sleep.
- Pain Relieving Benefits – Early studies show some positive results for HHC as a pain relief tool. Some users report that it is more effective than delta-8 and delta 9 THC for alleviating pain.
How To Choose HHC Products:
Like any supplement or addition to your wellness regimen, it’s a good idea to review your sources and make an informed decision. HHC being no exception comes with a few tips on how to select the highest quality product.
- Customer Feedback – Read the reviews and testimonials of the product online and on social media platforms. You can learn a lot from those who came before you.
- Source of Hemp – It’s important to know the source of the hemp. Locally and ethically harvested hemp instead of imported options are essential to quality. It is also a good idea to look into the quality of the soil the hemp is grown in.
- Transparency – Before purchasing your HHC product, it is a good idea to look for an independent audit report of the quality and purity of the ingredients. A reputable hemp company will typically have this posted on their website or available upon request.
Haygood Farms, located in Sequatchie Valley, Tennessee offers a complete line of high quality hemp and CBD products from Delta 8 gummies to CBD tinctures and much more. Our product line is made from the purest ingredients with little or no fillers and complete transparency into our production process.