It’s no surprise that self-care for women is on the top of our minds currently. The pressures of the world today are intense. We survived the pandemic, but the fact remains that it is still lingering around with a worrisome threat. We read the headlines about inflation and gas prices, and laws related to women’s rights seem to be at the forefront of the political agenda. Women often bear the brunt of society’s turmoil and that makes self-care for women more important than it, perhaps, as it has been before.
Whether your self-care for women goals include a routine for every day, or something to help unwind and relax to get away from what is going on in the world, this is the only guide you need to kick things off.
The Ultimate Guide To Self-care For Women
- Leave the guilt behind. Self-care women, to be effective, must leave guilt behind. It’s essential to let go of the commonly-felt sentiment that self-care for women is selfish. Women tend to be givers which can cause them to feel:
- Burnt out
These traits have to be put by the wayside when beginning effective self-care for women initiatives. To help you work through this mindset, you might consider the oxygen mask on the plane. The instruction is always to put on your own oxygen mask before helping your child. The same is true regarding self-care for women, take care of yourself so you can be of more help to those around you. (Guilt-free!)
- Understand the problem with stress. Stress may seem to be a normal occurrence in our daily lives that we’ve come to accept, but it can have big consequences if left unchecked. Chronic stress can create health problems ranging from stiff joints to ulcers to anxiety to migraines. Prolonged stress can even lead to strokes, heart attacks, high blood pressure and many other dangerous health conditions.
Let’s look at stress in the numbers:
- A report put out by the American Psychological Association found that women are more likely than men to report experiencing extreme stress.
- The Cleveland Clinic reports that the majority of women take on many more roles than men, including family obligations, caregiving for children and/or elderly parents as well as work responsibilities and other roles – leading to higher instances of stress.
- Another report stated that women are 50% more likely to be diagnosed with anxiety disord
- Look for natural wellness options. When seeking out a solid self-care for women plan, be careful of going for choices that may lead to other problems. Many times we, as humans, are looking for a quick fix. The prescription medication that takes away our physical pain or helps us fall asleep may not be a sustainable wellness choice. Even worse, some look to other types of unhealthy behaviors like overeating or overconsumption of alcohol to deal with extreme stress. Seeking out natural stress relief will benefit your self-care for women plan in the long-run and with fewer (or no) dangerous side effects.
- Create a routine. Most natural self-care for women, whether it be acupuncture, meditation practice or hemp-based wellness products require consistency to achieve the best benefits. This is where the importance of a solid routine comes in. Remembering to set an alarm early enough to get your meditation in before the workday starts, to keep up with your acupuncture sessions or take your wellness supplement routinely as directed each day are essential to self-care for women to be successful.
Haygood Farms’ mission is to provide natural and effective products that promote self-care for women and everyone. Our product line is made from the purest ingredients and through the most effective, natural harvesting processes. Check out a custom list of products that are perfect support in your quest for self-care for women:
Be Good Relaxation Capsules – Calm your nervous system with Be Good Relaxation capsules that deliver beneficial botanicals and ashwagandha along with 30mg of CBD. Your CBD capsules offer a powerhouse of benefits including:
- Support for your nervous system and an increased resistance to stress.
- Calming, relaxing to the mind to make handling daily routine and stressors easier.
- Reduction in anxiety with full spectrum CBD and calming amino acid L-theanine
- Added benefits of stress-fighting adaptogen ashwagandha and natural botanicals and herbs, such as passionflower.
Full-spectrum Gummies – Haygood Farms’ line of full-spectrum gummies is a perfect and natural way to unwind after a stressful day. If self-care for women is on your agenda, these gummies might be in your shopping cart. They are gluten-free, vegan and promote a sense of uplifting calm with 25mg of delta 8 in each tasty gummy. Your self-care for women will benefit from this addition, here’s why:
- Relaxing and calming effects
- An uplifted sense of well-being
- Potential pain relief from chronic pain or just day-to-day aches and pains