CBD terpenes are a powerful component of CBD and Delta 8 and as such offer deep therapeutic health benefits. Terpenes are found in all plants, not just cannabis and hemp. The terpenes create the aromas in flowers and flavors in edible fruits. While terpenes can be found everywhere in the plant world, CBD terpenes and their many benefits are of interest for these purposes.
Understanding the terminology –
Starting at the beginning, let’s drill down on the terpene terminology. Terpenes and terpenoids are common terms that CBD terpenes explorers hear frequently. Here’s the scoop:
- Terpenes = Natural compounds found in the flower or bud of the cannabis or hemp plant.
- Terpenoids = Chemically created through a process of drying and hardening cannabis flowers.
- Where to find them – Full Spectrum CBD oil will contain CBD terpenes naturally. CBD isolate will not have any because it is pure CBD. Many of the plant’s natural components are lost during production, including other cannabinoids and terpenes.
An overview of CBD terpenes –
Terpenes serve an important purpose. They protect the plants they inhabit and provide them with their unique scents. CBD terpenes are one of the main reasons behind the many varietals of cannabis plants. In addition to creating the many tastes and aromas, CBD terpenes offer a range of powerful and therapeutic functions.
There are five main terpenes to be familiar with:
- Myrcene – The most common CBD terpene found in the hemp plant, Myrcene offers an earthy, herbal scent. Myrcene can bring about relaxation of the body that can help with insomnia.
- Linalool – Linalool is a common terpene found in the hemp plant. This terpene brings a delicate floral aroma similar to lavender that works effectively on sleep and anxiety.
- Limonene – Limonene is the terpene that brings a wonderful boost in terms of the flavor and aroma profile of a CBD oil. Limonene has antifungal properties and may improve mood, reduce inflammation and curb anxiety.
- Pinene – Pinene terpenes are found in pine needles as well as several strains of hemp. The presence of Pinene is immediately recognizable in a variety of CBD products and can be anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and bronchodilator.
- Caryophyllene – Caryophyllene is one of the most common terpenes with a woody, spicy scent. This terpene, found in the hemp plant, interacts with the endocannabinoid system and can produce analgesic and anti-inflammatory effects.
How to choose your CBD oil with terpenes –
Before adding anything to your wellness regimen, it’s important to assess the quality. It’s important to know the source and quality of your CBD oil. Haygood Farms, founded in 2017, produces high-quality organic industrial hemp. Haygood Farms also makes it easy for you to perform your due diligence with visibility into their processes and ingredients always available for review.
The benefits of CBD terpenes –
The research indicates that hemp cannabinoids (like CBD) work more effectively when CBD terpenes are present, rather than when isolated. CBD terpenes can be effective with symptoms of depression, anxiety and cognitive function. Specific terpenes offer specific benefits, such as:
- Caryophyllene and beta-caryophyllene can help with neurodegenerative disorders, cancer and stress.
- Alpha and Beta-Pinene offer antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Limonene can help with mood, heartburn and pain.
CBD terpenes in Delta 8 –
CBD terpenes are integrated into Haygood Farm’s new artisan Delta 8 cartridges. With flavor choices such as tangie, super sour, wedding cake, frosted lime, bubba kush, granddaddy headband, blue dream, runtz and strawberry cough, there are options for everyone to consider. Haygood Farms Delta 8 cartridges are third-party tested and made with our 100% hemp derived delta 8 distillate and added terpenes. You can expect only the highest quality, aromatic terpenes in your Haygood Farms’ Delta 8 cartridges.