Hemp salve is a must-have for your active lifestyle. If you have a “no days off” active attitude, hemp salve may soon become one of your best friends. Hemp salves can be a perfect solution to help with minor aches and pains, overuse discomfort as well as tight muscles.
If you are exploring adding hemp salves to your wellness routine, it’s a good idea to start by doing your homework. Hemp salves pack a lot of amazing benefits and very few reported side effects.
Hemp salve benefits include:
- A healthy, natural option for pain relief
- Easy to throw in the gym bag, backpack or handbag
- Brings healing, soothing and anti-inflammatory properties
- Fast-acting results in localized areas
Tips To Adding Hemp Salve To Your Active Lifestyle
- Get to know how hemp salve works. The active ingredient in your hemp salve is CBD. CBD has shown promising indications that it can help with pain. From chronic pain to arthritis to routine muscular pain from your active lifestyle, CBD has been shown to be a great natural alternative to other pain relief options.
Here’s how hemp salves work naturally with the body to alleviate pain:
- The human body has an endocannabinoid system (ECS) that receives and translates signals from cannabinoids. The human’s ECS helps regulate functions such as sleep, immune-system responses, and pain.
- CBD has a matching system to that of the human body. This match works to reduce pain receptors and how they interact with the human system when ingested or used as a hemp salve.
- Use right after workouts for best results. After a long run, intense weightlifting session or competitive tennis match is the best time to use your hemp salve. Your hemp salve will not only prevent pain and sore muscle, but it will also aid in a speedy recovery time. So, you’ll be in good shape for your next session faster.
- Follow directions and best practices. It’s essential to use your hemp salve according to directions. Shower first if possible, or clean the area of sweat, sand or direct before applying. Also, your hemp salve should not be applied to broken skin. More tips to follow as you use your hemp salve:
- Don’t use more or less than directed.
- Avoid use if skin reactions occur.
- Contact your doctor if you have sensitive skin or are taking other medications that might interact with the hemp salve. (Although side effects are extremely rare.)
- Keep hemp salve on hand for preventative measures. If you know that your right knee gets sore after a long run or you have an ankle injury that has never been the same after the injury, don’t hesitate to apply hemp salve after your activity. By applying the hemp salve in advance of pain, you may even successfully keep it at bay.
- Choose a potent hemp salve. Like any other addition to your natural wellness regimen, quality matters. Your choice in hemp salve can be the difference between effectiveness and lackluster results. Start by looking for a hemp salve that comes with an up-to-date, comprehensive certificate of authenticity or COA. Then review all the ingredients making sure that they are natural and easy to understand.
Haygood Farms is here for you and your sore muscles with a great selection of high quality hemp salves for you to check out. Our full-spectrum hemp salves options include lavender, lemongrass and peppermint. Adding Haygood Farms hemp salve to your active lifestyle packs a powerhouse of benefits that include:
- 500mg CBD topical salve
- Pure ingredients that are gluten-free, non-GMO and lab-tested
- All-natural beeswax, refined shea butter and coconut MCT oil creates a base that is natural, easy to apply and good for the skin.
- Three choices of calming lavender, invigorating peppermint or anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and antifungal lemongrass